|Job Location:||Mooresville, NC|
|Company:||Eclipse Composite Engineering, LLC|
The Quality Control Manager, reporting directly to the site General Manager, functions to ensure quality systems, policies, standards are met for incoming and outgoing products. In addition, the Quality Control Manager is responsible for the company’s quality assurance lab inclusive of staff and flow of incoming and outgoing inspection with a strong emphasis on metrology with Faro, Romer, and bridge CMM equipment. The ideal candidate is comfortable with translating customer specifications into First Article Inspection Plans (FAIPs), Quality Plans, Inspection Methodologies, and occasionally operating and troubleshooting metrology equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the company maintains its annual ISO certification
- Implement AS9100 requirements and achieve certification
- Strategic planning of staff, equipment, systems, and certifications to ensure continued long-term success of the business
- In conjunction with Engineering and Contracts, converts customer specifications and drawing requirements into incoming and outgoing inspection methods and procedures
- Develops a process capability program to measure and analyze CPK metrics for the company and process critical vendors
- Owns the program metrics for reporting cost of poor quality and on-time delivery
- Audits the manufacturing operations to ensure compliance
- Directly oversees QA staff on inspection, auditing, and testing activities
- Is the site expert for Quality, Metrology, and GD&T
- Owns the process for control of non-conforming program
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding off-quality issues
- Owns the process for, and leads, customer source inspections
- Maintains quality records, including supplier ratings, in-process and final inspection results and dispositions
- Owns the calibration and property management programs for tools and equipment
The ideal candidate must be organized, detail oriented, have high professional rigor, and have a thorough understanding of the quality systems and applied inspection techniques used in the aerospace manufacturing industry. The candidate must be able to analyze, work in, and interpret complex technical data and easily articulate communicate said information to the team and customers.
A degree in engineering, science, or math, along with a minimum of three years of related work experience in quality assurance or manufacturing is preferred; an equivalent combination of 10+ years of work experience in an ISO, AS9100, and NADCAP environment may be permissible. Must be able to analyze and interpret engineering drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5M. Must have an applied knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT).
Experience in metrology with Faro, Romer, and bridge CMM equipment and interpretation software such as Polyworks, Calypso, PC-DMIS, etc. is preferred.
Must be able to speak, read and write English effectively. Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret military specifications, general business documents, industry publications, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Must be able to write reports, professional business correspondence, and procedures. Must have the ability to effectively present information and provide clarification to individuals and groups.
This position works in a composites manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment and machinery. Occasionally, may interact with potentially hazardous chemicals or materials. All employees are expected to follow the company’s rigorous safety and personal protective equipment procedures.
This position is for our Mooresville, NC location.