|Job Location:||Mooresville, NC|
|Company:||Eclipse Composite Engineering, LLC|
Eclipse Composite Engineering strives to enhance our legacy as a global developer and manufacturer of composite structures for commercial and government customers. We will accomplish this through the continued supply of, new and innovative, product and manufacturing solutions for our customers. Our mission begins by fostering a company culture that inspires peak performance of teams, values integrity, and prizes continuous improvement.
Our vision at Eclipse Composite Engineering is to create the most innovative and advanced composites structures for commercial, government, and military customers; and to be an employer of choice who attracts top-talent to build and retain high-performance teams.
Eclipse Composites Engineering, a global leader in carbon fiber antennas, is growing rapidly. We are in search of motivated people seeking a company that provides continued career growth opportunities. As an eligible ECE employee, you can expect the following:
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance (up to $50K)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(k)
The Composite Finishing Tech is a critical member of the Operations team. The primary focus of this position is to support late-stage fabrication through visual cosmetic QA, workmanship review, sanding, touch-up, part marketing, cleaning, and light metallic assembly.
- Owns the finishing process for composite assemblies prior to final QA and packaging
- Sets the standard for technical care and handling of laminates
- Reviews final product for visual cosmetic and workmanship standards
- Sets the standard for workmanship/craftsmanship related to touch-up and repair of composite hardware and assemblies
- Repair of thermoset (predominantly epoxy) composite chips, cracks, porosity
- Ensures workmanship is acceptable within rework/repair guidelines set by the company and its customers
- Light paint touch up
- Occasional part marking/stamping
- Masking for paint
- Light assembly of metallic components via manual hand tools
- Fills out required documentation flawlessly
- 100% focused on quality and process details
- Communicates with supervisor when quality issues arise
- Maintain safe work environment and follows all safety and PPE standards
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work alone under minimal supervisor to written manufacturing recipes/instructions
The ideal candidate is energetic, organized, detail oriented, holds high professional rigor, can work without supervision, and has a thorough understanding of finishing, paint, repair, and troubleshooting in the composites manufacturing industry. Qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years experience in repair/finishing of composites, plastics, laminates, acrylics
- Autobody repair experience will be considering if applicable to role
- Emphasize Excellence
- Working knowledge of FOD prevention
- Advanced applied knowledge of repair materials including resins, markers, paint, masking aids, ink, and adhesives
- Working knowledge of advanced processes such as autoclaves, ovens, presses, fabric cutters, etc
- Advanced applied composite processing knowledge related to repair/finishing e.g. paint, masking, touch up, cleaning, chip and crack repair
- Attention to detail
- Able to understand and follow written instructions
- Able to work and cooperate with team members but comfortable working alone
- Eager to learn
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50lbs individually or as part of a team lift
- 5 years minimum of hands-on equivalent composites experience required
- Ability to independently determine visual cosmetic defects.
- Ability to communicate process feedback to engineering for adjustments
Eclipse Composites Engineering is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is located at our Mooresville, NC facility.