|Job Location:||St Petersburg, FL|
CopaSAT has an immediate opening for full-time, skilled Assembly Technician to join our fast paced and driven operations team. CopaSAT offers this hourly full-time position with insurance, vacation and holiday benefits.
The ideal candidate has extensive soldering experience and holds IPC 610, 620, and J-STD-001 certifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assemble Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) per drawing or verbal instructions in accordance to IPC 610 standards.
- Solder through hole and surface mount components of all types and sizes, as small as 0201 metric packages.
- Rework SMT and through hole components as needed.
- Assemble cables and wire harness per drawing or verbal instructions in accordance to IPC 620 standards.
- Fabricate cable assemblies using crimping, and other techniques as required in the WHMA-A-620 standard resulting in high quality of workmanship, neat routing/bundling with clean and consistent result.
- Cut wire, crimp contacts, pin connectors, apply shielding, and torque hardware.
- Use work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, parts lists, and technical manuals to assemble cables/harnesses to specifications.
- Visually inspect assemblies for workmanship related quality issues from contract manufacturer or internal processes.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Support prototype development.
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to meet deadlines.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 2 years of experience minimum.
- IPC 610, 620, and J-STD-001 certifications.
- Acceptable English speaking and writing skills.
- Proficient with the use of computers.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident authorized to work for any employer.
- Willing to work overtime when requested.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 and TM8575 certification preferred.
- Experience reworking complex components such as BGA and QFN packages.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel.
- Understands schematics.
CopaSAT is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. US Citizenship is required for most positions.